Thursday, June 4, 2009

011-012| first color

012
needle: 5RL | 13M

location: right arm
tattoo: knife and ribbon through skull (my design, based off very simple patch brought in by client)

011
needle: 3RL | 5RL | 7M

location: along right arm
tattoo: Gayle, Katherine | True Royalty | 2 Roses (my design)

Date: June 3, 2009

Reflection:
011 | Experimented with shading the leaves in. I look forward to seeing it healed; then I'll really see if it worked or not. Messed up the Katherine, hope to go back at later to fix.
012 | My first time with color, and I experimented successfully I think. I mixed the red with just a touch of light grey wash for the outline. But, I didn't use his skin as the highlights till I went up from the last ribbon (which is the last one is the only fully colored one. I like how the skin created the highlights, and how the mixed read provided a nice outline for the ribbon.
Overall | Still getting accustomed to doing line work and shading.

No comments:

Post a Comment