Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Brown: I'm Sorry For Attacking Rihanna

Brown: I'm Sorry For Attacking Rihanna

Chris Brown has issued a public apology for beating up his former girlfriend, singer Rihanna.

The R'n'B star said he was "truly, truly sorry", adding that what he did was unacceptable and that he had apologised to his victim "countless" times.

He is due to be sentenced on August 5, having pleaded guilty to assaulting Rihanna just hours before the pair were due to perform at the Grammy Awards in February.

The attack left her with heavy bruising and a "mouthful of blood" according to police reports.

Brown is expected to avoid jail time when he is sentenced, with a recommendation of six months of community service and probation.

He was arrested on February 8, hours after a party in Los Angeles.

According to an affidavit filed by an LA detective, the attack happened in a car when the Umbrella singer checked Brown's mobile phone and found a text message from another woman.

Detective De Shon Andrews wrote that Brown attempted to push Rihanna out of the vehicle before punching her repeatedly. He also bit her ear, the affidavit stated.

He then allegedly threatened to kill her when she pretended to phone her assistant to get police help.

According to the detective, the alleged assault left Rihanna with blood inside her mouth. Brown is also alleged to have tried to choke her.

Following the attack, pictures showing Rihanna's bruised and swollen face were leaked on to the internet.

It led to a spectacular fall from grace for Brown, who had been noted for his clean-cut image.

During a two-minute video on his website, the singer said his lawyer had advised him not to comment on the issue, but he now felt compelled to apologise directly to fans.

He said: "I wish I had the chance to live those few moments again, but unfortunately I can't.

"I have told Rihanna countless times and I am telling you today that I am truly, truly sorry.

"What I did was unacceptable - 100%. I can only ask and pray that you forgive me."

Brown added: "I have let a lot of people down, I realise that. Nobody is more disappointed in me than I am."


sours of:www.ananova.com

No comments:

Post a Comment