Tuesday, December 7, 2010

CHRISTMAS LANTERNS

I've been traveling quite a bit lately, but I'm glad to be stopping for a brief respite to decorate for Christmas with my Mom! At my parents' home, Christmas has always had a bit of an Asian flair. They lived in the East for years, and collected some truly beautiful decorations, like these exquisite golden lanterns.



These are also lovely - dozens of painted little paper lanterns with dancing tassels.

In the dining room, a set of golden pagoda lights delight some kabuki dolls.


I love these lantern lights so much that I would love some of my own. Unfortunately, they're rather impossible to find, but here are some options available in less ornate styles.

/Collapsable lantern lights/ bronze pagodas /bamboo box lights/ lattice work lights /large round lanterns/ box lights/ pagoda ornament/ homemade lights via Flickr (for a how-to, click HERE)/

The lanterns we decorated with are Japanese, but of course, the Chinese do beautiful lantern art as well. Here are some gorgeous examples from an exhibit a few years ago at Taipei 101 (photos by Theresa). Beautiful!







No comments:

Post a Comment